Re: TR6 question

To: MMDBR@aol.com
Subject: Re: TR6 question
From: msecres@ibm.net
Date: Sun, 23 Nov 1997 11:29:59 -0800
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
MMDBR@aol.com wrote:

> Hello fellow listers:
>
> My friend and TR3-4 mentor has purchased a `72 TR6 which has a problem he
> can't get on top of. The car car starts easily and runs perfectly at idle,
> but the warmer it gets, the worse it runs. When fully warm, it sputters,
> coughs, backfires, etc.
>
> Carbs have been adjusted, ignition seems correct. His next stab will be at
> the emissions system.
>
> Anybody out there run into this? Any and all input greatly appreciated.
>
> Mike Blonder
> Elmhurst, IL
> 63 TR4 (runs smooth, though a little thirsty, knock wood)

I would start by going back to the ignition system.  Isn't it possible, for
instance,
for a faulty coil and/or condensor to operate more poorly, the warmer it gets?

BTW, how long does it take for the car to start misbehaving?  One minute?  Ten
minutes?
Is it a stock mechanical ignition?

He might recheck the spark once the car starts acting up.

--
Martin Secrest
73 GT6