Re: Wanted good car under $1000

To: <Junboot@aol.com>, <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>, <tr8@mercury.lcs.mit.edu>
Subject: Re: Wanted good car under $1000
From: pearesto@totcon.com (pearesto)
Date: Sat, 22 Nov 1997 10:37:30 -0800
 If you know of one I would consider it.  Unfortunately in Florida they
bring top dollar for non running junk.  I looked at one not long ago that
was advertised as a restorable car at $4500.  When I got there they were
trying to get it out of the back yard with a tow truck and not having any
luck.  Apparently it had been sitting so long that the car had sunk into
the ground and was completely rusted out.  They had ripped the bumper off
in the process so he said it could be had for about $4300 to compensate for
the bumper.  What a deal.

The cheapest I found a running example for was $3500 but it was bad.  I
guess it is the area market value and not true value.

I have decide to get my other car finished and keep my eyes and ears open
for a good Spit or TR7 or whatever.

John