Re: Reinforcements for TR6 differential mounts

To: Gary Oehrle <oehrle@cadence.com>
Subject: Re: Reinforcements for TR6 differential mounts
From: Ken Streeter <streeter@sanders.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 1997 20:09:21 -0500
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Gary Oehrle wrote:

> A recent tech session with my '74 TR6 revealed one
> of the mounts had a crack from the edge to the bolt
> hole  TRF no longer sells the reinforment kit not
> that it matters since it is rather simple but I was
> wondering about the extent of the fix needed.

Gary,

  You'll find information on the reinforcement plate,
including a template for the front reinforcements,
at http://www.vtr.org/maintain/diff-mounts.html
The rear re-inforcements would be different, and I
didn't think they were anywhere near as likely to
crack.

  Actually, I've never heard of the rear mounts going
before the front ones.  When you get the diff out,
you'll be better able to ascertain the damage.  The
plates are welded in on each side, as you suspected.

  You'll be on your own with making a template
for the rear mounts.  Yes, you would weld a plate onto
each side of the bracket.  (2 per bracket, 8 in all if
you were to do front & back.)

--ken
VTR WWW Maintainer -- http://www.vtr.org

--