Re: TR4 clutch question

To: Trmgafun@aol.com, ccfarm@tranquility.net
Subject: Re: TR4 clutch question
From: Junboot@aol.com
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 1997 18:54:39 -0500 (EST)
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Hi all, I am new to the list. I am working on a major renovation of a 65
TR4A. I also have a VERY stiff clutch. I have a 69 Datsun roadster so I am
not just comparing this to modern detroit iron. I bought the TR not running
so I don't  know the correct feel. Could I have screwed up the throwout to
fork connection? The swollen hose theory, wouldn't the clutch be slow to
engage? The car was horribly bastardized when I bought it by the previous
owner. The slave cylinder looks more like the TR250 one in the Victoria
British catalog, could that cause the problem? If you guys don't mind (since
I am new) Do all TRs run this hot? I don't have the car on the road yet but
it idles HOT. I recored the radiator,cleaned out the block, "T" stat and all
that stuff ok, and no head or head gasket problems (like my Datsun is famous
for ouch)  Finally anyone had any problems with Victoria British column
headlight switch not working correctly between parking light mode and
headlight mode it seams there is an Internal contact missing?  Thanks All
 Dave M  65 4A IRS