Re: Knock-offs WANTEED

To: curry@wolfenet.com
Subject: Re: Knock-offs WANTEED
From: SUCHAK <suchak@mediaone.net>
Date: Sun, 16 Nov 1997 13:20:18 -0500
Cc: thomas jester <triumph@horizon.hit.net>, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Joe Curry wrote:

> Actually, the Spit one is 18-878 (p.138 of the latest VB catalog) and
> sells for 34.95, you were looking at the octagonal wrench below.
> However, 2 things pop to mind.  [1.] Because of the various sizes that
> one could encounter in the actual 2-ear knockoffs, I can't see how
> anybody can offer one that fils all applications. [2.] If these things
> really work, it seems that one should be able to fabricate his own to
> fit the actual size of his knockoffs, for far less that the 35 bucks.
> (Just MHO)
>
> Joe Curry  (previous wire wheel owner who always used a hammer)

Wrong-o Joe.

17-878 is the wood block that surrounds the knock-off that prevents
marring, but still requires the use of a hammer...  If you'd look
carefully at page 138, the part number I indicated (18-876 @ $39.95)
*IS* in fact for the two-eared version of the WRENCH that the original
poster had asked about.

You might be well served by carefully reading before you leap to
correction.

Best wishes,

John

--