Gloveboxes

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Gloveboxes
From: "Scott Kohl" <sdkgt6@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 1997 17:36:30 PST
Hi, all.
First, a correction.  The mailer went wonky an cut off some text.  The
last line should have read "It could even serve as a ground for an
aftermarket stereo hidden in the glovebox."  Now, on to Schuyler's
contribution:  I went to a local plastics outfit and bought an entire 4'
x 8' sheet of 3 mm thick expanded PVC for $32.00 for making rad'
shrouding, splashguards, and the like.  You can cut it, drill it, grind
it (slices, dices...) and since it's PVC, PVC pipe cement is ideal (pop
rivets work also).  This is likely the same stuff that Schuyler is
talking about.  It is also available in  6 mm, for (suprise!) twice the
cost of 3 mm.  Not sure why I didn't think of it for gloveboxes.  Brain
fart, I suppose.  I gave half the sheet to a friend for (non-original)
rad shrouding for his small block Chevy powered TR6 dubbed "Thumper."

Cheers

Scott Kohl