Re: Temp. gauge removal TR3A (repeat post)

To: Art McEwen <mcewenar@epo.gov.on.ca>
Subject: Re: Temp. gauge removal TR3A (repeat post)
From: Lenny Seidman <lseidman@erols.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 1997 19:59:50 -0500
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Art,
If memory serves me right the line DOES NOT detach from the back of the
gauge. It is a sealed tube from the gauge to the sending unit that
screws into the thermostat housing . I'm not saying this correctly but
the guage works off of pressure buit up in the tube from the hot water
in the engine. You must remove the gauge with the entire sending unit
line and tube. Be very careful not to kink or bend the tube too sharply
putting a crack or closing the tube off completely. It does bend easily
and if you take your time you will be able to fish the entire line and
gauge out completely to paint the panel or you can move enough line and
the gauge far enough away from the panel to paint it in position.

Been there and done it. Good luck,

Lenny Seidman

--
Lenny Seidman