Re: Oil in Zenith Strombergs

To: "Andrew Lindeman" <Dr_Faustus@cyber-west.com>
Subject: Re: Oil in Zenith Strombergs
From: Thomas J Howard <thoward@sdcoe.k12.ca.us>
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 1997 08:21:26
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
At 12:29 AM 11/8/97 -0500, you wrote:
>-- [ From: Dr. Faustus * EMC.Ver #2.5.02 ] --
>
>I followed the thread on the Stromberg carbs long enough to know WHERE to
>fill them to, but I have a question.  I happen to have another hobby (What a
>shock eh?).  I race R/C cars.  The little shocks on the cars are filled with
>a high quality silicone oil.  This is pure silicon oil, and varies in
>viscosity little when heat and cooled.  I have weighs from 5 to 80 and am
>wondering, would this stuff work in the carbs?  And if so, about which
>viscosity is the best to use?

Would work fine.   the viscosity would change proformance and responce.
However, since this oil seems to leak out on a regular basis it might be a
bit expensive as a long term solution.

Light engine oil as listed in the owners manual works very well.

( a little more damping when cold is a good thing here )

Tom Howard
Lakeside Union School District
('72 Triumph GT6, and a good bit of USA iron)