Re: 63 spit dash support?

To: Andrew Mace <amace@unix2.nysed.gov>
Subject: Re: 63 spit dash support?
From: Joe Curry <curry@wolfenet.com>
Date: Sun, 09 Nov 1997 14:05:47 -0800
Cc: lewis mckillop <lsmc@lightspeed.net>, spit <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Andrew Mace wrote:

> On Sun, 9 Nov 1997, Joe Curry wrote:
>
> > Andy,
> > I could make some wise cracks like, "They felt improvements were
> > necessary, so they created the Spit".  Or "Nobody wanted the Herald
> > until they made it look good".  But I won't!!!
>
> Foul! This is like berating the mighty Ford Falcon in favor of the
> original Mustang, which owed its existence to the Falcon. (Remember
> Falcon Sprints and the Monte Carlo rallyes?)
>
> And the first Corvette was little more than a shortened '52 Chevy wagon
> with a two-seater, plastic body and more carburetors.
>
> Leave the Heralds alone! What have they ever done to you? :-)

Ok... Since I have hit a nerve, I'll lay off!... Actually all cars can
trace their roots somewhere.  And there are early cars of questionable
parentage that nobody will claim relationship to.  So I guess it's not
too bad to think my baby spit had a Herald in its family tree.

regards,
Joe Curry

P.S. I just got back from a Spit trek over to Barry Nelson's to
photograph his Herald.  But alas, he was not home.  It's sunny in
Seattle without a cloud in the sky.  However, every time I went into the
shade it got rather chilly!!!