Triumph 75th Anniversary

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Triumph 75th Anniversary
From: Murry J Mercier <mercierm@battelle.org>
Date: Tue, 04 Nov 1997 14:36:57 -0400 (EDT)
     List,

     According to Graham Robson in the current issue of Triumph World, 1998
     is the 75th anniversary of the first Triumphs sold (Triumph 10/20s).
     British Motor Industry Trust has decided to promote an event for May
     31, 1998 and there may be something planned to coincide with the TSSC
     International Weekend at Stafford in July.

     What plans may be brewing for celebrations in the contiguous U.S.?

     I am working with a local group on a fund raising project for the
     Arthritis Foundation which will feature the Triumph as the foreign
     marque.  Last years show had about 650 entries, most of them American
     iron, but only 5 Triumphs.  The foreign entry was the Porsche with 76
     cars in 14 classes.  Sure would like to have a strong showing of
     'real' sports cars in this years show.  (July 11-12 in Columbus Ohio)

     It seems to me that we should use every opportunity to promote LBCs
     and the Triumph in particular especially during the 75th year.

     Anyone have a Triumph 10/20 who needs an audience?

     Murry - trying to Triumph - Mercier
     CF10027U(O)