Re: Sand(Bead)blasting Questions

To: Joe Curry <curry@wolfenet.com>
Subject: Re: Sand(Bead)blasting Questions
From: Justin Wagner <jmwagner@greenheart.com>
Date: Mon, 03 Nov 1997 23:21:19 -0800
Cc: suchak@mediaone.net, Peter Lucas <pllj@earthlink.net>, JoeSimcoe@aol.com, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
> Justin,
> Here's my take on your take on my take.
>
> (My but this is getting confusing)
>
> 1. Why spend lots more money on glass when if you reuse them the sharp
> corners of the broken glass bits are going to pit just as much as the
> cheap sand it replaces?
>
> 2. I'm certainly no Meralurgic engineer, but If you use a moderately
> fine grit of sand, the resulting pitting is minimal and far from causing
> stress fractures.  And I point out people have been using sand as a
> blasting media on frames for years and that's the first time I have
> heard that one.
>
> 3. Sand is a natural element whereas beads are not.  You can do the
> blasting outdoors and not worry about where the overspray goes.  Just
> filter the goo out and throw the residue on the back 40.  Can't do that
> with beads.  (Please no EMAIL from environmentalists)
>
> 4. Are you sure you are not my son, whose name is Justin and who lives
> in West LA??  He likes to argue a point (does not matter which side you
> choose, he'll take the opposite perspective) just for the sake of
> argueing.  Whats more, he won't stop making points until his opponent
> gives up and lets him have the last word.  If you are, go to bed!!!
>
> Joe Curry

Sorry Joe, I just WHOLEHEARTEDLY disagree with you, and find your
arguments for 800lbs of sandblasting as confounded as you find mine.
This is the second time, I believe, that you've commented that you
suspect I could be your son that plays "devil's advocate".

Sometimes people do, indeed, play devil's advocate...and it can be
annoying... but, it's only fair to point it out... that other times...
someone just simply disagrees with you... and you might consider, when
you find yourself re-debating your original arguments and accussing the
other of having an agenda other than an educational open debate ...that
perhaps, this time around... you might be acting a bit like you've been
cornered...

Also, take a second look at your craftily written accusation in number
4... worded in such a way that makes it so that if i were to continue,
with any response,... it's only because I MUST be a bent individual that
must have the LAST word.

I made light of your opinion... and made mine.  You might leave it to
others to take sides, add their own insights... and so on... rather than
take offense... and turn it into a flaming contention.

Justin

AS this is mine, may your last word be...

PEACE