Rebuild or replace? (More ZS)

To: Triumph list <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Rebuild or replace? (More ZS)
From: bugeye59@kingsnet.com
Date: Sun, 02 Nov 1997 18:26:11 -0800
Hello all,
Just picked up a '72 TR6 this weekend.  Has been sitting out near a cow
pasture for almost 10 years (yes, I do seem to find these cars in the
strangest places). The DPO parked it after it wouldn't smog and never
touched it again.  Anyway, after getting it home and raising the bonnet,
everything seemed to be intact.  So, I replaced plugs, wires, cap,
rotor, points and condensor and cleaned the carbs out with B12 car
cleaner once I got it started.  The car idles fair, and "pops" back
through the carbs when revving the engine.  I believe more carb work is
in order.
Now my question:  Should I try to rebuild the ZS carbs on it?  Are they
rebuildable?  Or should I spend the money and buy a new pair?
Thanks for any advice.
Harris
'59 Bugeye Sprite--Buick V6 powered!
'72 TR6--back from the dead