Trunions

To: james <JAMES_S_WALLACE@HP-Canada-om1.om.hp.com>, list <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Trunions
From: David Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Sun, 2 Nov 1997 21:16:06 -0500
JAMES_S_WALLACE@HP-Canada-om1.om.hp.com writes:

     I asked before, but got not responses, so I'll simplify my question:

     Why Do Triumphs Use Trunnions Instead Of Ball Joints?

     -Just curious.
     Looking forward to the answer to this.
     TIA,
     Jim Wallace

Jim

Timing is everything.  Trunions are an old fashioned way of cracking
the same nut that ball joints.  Apparently, when the TR1 (2) was designed
the folks at Triumph didn't feel comfortable putting one of these New
Fangled ball joint things down there where most of the forces are
concentrated.  Please note that the TR7 uses lower ball joints.  And
Mcpherson (sp?) struts.  And an overhead cam.  And all sorts of new stuff.

Next Question Please.

Dave Massey