Re: Keys

To: hamilton@ptd.net
Subject: Re: Keys
From: MMDBR <MMDBR@aol.com>
Date: Sat, 1 Nov 1997 02:39:55 EST
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Ed -

For what it's worth, I also wanted extra keys for my `new'  63 TR4 back in
`79. Here's what I did: First, remove the ignition switch (make sure to
disconnect the battery first - it's a MAJOR shock) by removing a trim ring.
Now with the switch and attached wires in hand, pop out the tumbler assembly
by pressing a nail into the little hole, much like removing knobs from
switches. This little cylinder had a number on it, and I took it to a
locksmith who could look up the number. He was somehow able to use whatever
info he found out to make perfect keys, not copies.

Maybe this will work for you.

Mike Blonder
Elmhurst, IL