Re: VTR & VINs, Hoover, and the Registry

To: "R. John Lye" <rjl6n@virginia.edu>
Subject: Re: VTR & VINs, Hoover, and the Registry
From: Joe Curry <curry@wolfenet.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 1997 08:55:37 -0800
Cc: EPaul21988@aol.com, streeter@sanders.com, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net, WFDaehle@mail.delcoelect.com, Chris_Lillja@pupress.princeton.edu, Richard_Ceraldi-ERC004@email.mot.com, vtr-admin@Autox.Team.Net
R. John Lye wrote:

> At 11:27 PM 10/28/97 -0500, EPaul21988@aol.com wrote:
> >In a message dated 97-10-28 15:11:09 EST, curry@wolfenet.com writes:
> >
> ><< My only concern is that in trying to do this, it seems that my efforts
> > are being thwarted by people who have the information at hand, but for
> > whatever reason are reluctant to turn loose of it.  >>
>
> snip
>
> >Your efforts to compile some information useful to Spitfire owners
> >is laudable.  I am interested in a similar project with sidecurtain
> >cars,
>
> I really don't understand this desire on either of your parts - that's
> what the VTR Register is all about.  Why do you wish to re-invent the
> wheel?  No flame intended here, I just don't understand the point of
> duplicating effort.

Wrong, Wrong, Wrong, Wrong!!!!

I say again, The VTR is a CLUB.  That's all it is.  THe name is a
mis-nomer.  If it was truely a register it would be established for the
express purpose of registering Triumphs.  The fact that they won't
register a car unless you pay your dues makes it a CLUB.

If it was truely a register in the strictest sense, the cars would be
listed free of charge and the information would be made public, not kept
private.

I, on the other hand want to register all Spitfires (without
compensation for time or expenses) and make the information available to
the public.  If a true Register really existed, I would not have to
spend the hundreds of hours I have already spent trying to compile the
list.  I would simply ask and get the information I desire.  But the
information does not exist.  And unfortunately, It probably never
will!!!

Truthfully,
Joe Curry   '63 Spit (Inquiring minds want to Know)