Re: Spitfire rearend

To: <Martin_A._Secrest@NEB.VOA.GOV>, <miket@urgrgcc.edu>
Subject: Re: Spitfire rearend
From: "John Peacock" <pearesto@totcon.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 1997 12:22:53 -0700
Cc: <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Mike
I would have to agree.  The price is way too high.  I recently sold my 78
Spitfire in great derivable condition, with the original paint and zero
rust for $1100.  For all intents and purposes it was the perfect daily
driver.  $500 might even be too much if you are not looking to put any time
into it.  Maybe not too much but at least not worth your getting into,
remember hidden problems can arise.  There is a Spitfire in VA for sale for
$700.  The girl sent me some pictures on the email and it looks decent.  It
had been sitting a while and will not start but it may be better than what
you are looking at. Her email is jshellie@erols.com   I do not know her in
any way I am just passing on the info.  The car looked decent enough but my
wife will not let me get another toy.  Good luck

John Peacock

80 TR8
80 TR7 Spider 16v project

----------
> From: Martin_A._Secrest@NEB.VOA.GOV
> To: miket@urgrgcc.edu
> Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
> Subject: Re: Spitfire rearend
> Date: Friday, October 24, 1997 4:18 AM
>

> Mike Thompson wrote:
>
> >>I was looking at a 78 Spit last night that was for sale and was
wondering
> if the rear was bad or otherwise. Instead of the tires being straight or
> having the normal sag, it was sitting higher than normal with the tires
> negatively cambered. The owner said he did replace something in one side
> with a part from another Spit, maybe a half shaft.<<
>
> This sounds very strange to me.  *Higher than normal, (and yet)
negatively