Spitfire rearend

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Spitfire rearend
From: Mike Thompson <miket@urgrgcc.edu>
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 1997 22:51:07 +0000
Greetings greasy guys of the list,

I was looking at a 78 Spit last night that was for sale and was wondering
if the rear was bad or otherwise. Instead of the tires being straight or
having the normal sag, it was sitting higher than normal with the tires
negatively cambered. The owner said he did replace something in one side
with a part from another Spit, maybe a half shaft. The car is kinda
raggedy. needs a top, drivers floor, master cylinders, shocks, very tired
seats, a bit of grinding from the rear, dash cracks and speedo and tach do
not work. He is asking $1600. I'm thinking this thing is only worth $800 -
$1000. It does run fair. I wouldn't be looking for a resto project, just a
little beater LBC for the wife. She's nervous about driving my future 95
point frame-off TR3.

Thanks,
Mike Thompson
59 TR3 1/2 way there