Re: dashpot oil

To: <MMDBR@aol.com>, <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: dashpot oil
From: Cameron Greig <cameron@enterprise.net>
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 97 11:07:19 +0100
Cc: <emanteno@ix.netcom.com>

Hi Mike

        I remember having problems with the carbs on my 1954 TR2 a few
years
        ago.When I put my foot down the engine would cough and splutter
and
        just not pickup properly.The problem was to much oil in the pots
and
         oil of the wrong viscocity.What I did was change the oil and
then
         ajusted the amount of oil until the carbs opened
properly.Remember
         to make sure the barrels are moving correctly and not sticking.

                                               Hope this helps
                                                            Cameron