RE: TR6 Electrical Question

To: "'bunce@alma.edu'" <bunce@alma.edu>, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: RE: TR6 Electrical Question
From: "Kohout, Robert" <kohout@jbc.js.mil>
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 1997 17:04:12 -0400
Bob,

I agree with Mark, particularly regarding the heat soaking of the
starter.  My 72 TR-6 had the same problem you described.  I replaced the
battery which did not solve the problem.  I finally replaced the starter
with a TRF rebuilt which solved the hard starting (if it started) when
hot.  I was always afraid the car would stall in stop and go traffic
which I am positive would have endeared me to thousands of happy
commuters.

Robert
72 TR-6