Re: Winter storage tips wanted

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Winter storage tips wanted
From: Edward Hutchinson <seah@zorba.info.sunyit.edu>
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 1997 11:56:54 -0400
Joe,

The VTR (vtr.org) site on the web has additional info on storage during the
winter.

I would like to add one to those provided by Dave and Phil.

I've found it useful to put a couple of mouse traps under each end of the
car. I use peanut butter as bait.  This has proven quite successful in
keeping pests out of the car. You do have to check the traps every few days
but I consider that a small price to pay to prevent the damage the little
buggers can cause.

The one time I didn't check, a mouse made a nest in the car cover.
Fortunately, didn't do any damage to the car just the car cover.

I've found that discriminating mice prefer Jif but I suppose Peter Pan or
Skippy would do just fine.

Good Luck.

Ed

74 TR6

At 10:13 AM 10/21/97 -0400, you wrote:
>I have to store my Spitfire outside in Massachusetts this winter. This is the
>first year I've owned it. I have a cotton car cover that I thought I'd put on,
>then cover it with a poly top, and store the car under a deck. Should I do
>anything special with the engine? Bring the battery in? Should the gas tank be
>filled, and have some fuel stabilizer added? Should I start the car
>occasionally? Anything special I should do when bringing it out next spring?
>
>Thanks
>Joe
>72 Spitfire

"If it wasn't for the last minute, nothing would get done."

Ed Hutchinson
Financial Aid Office
SUNY Inst. of Technology
P.O. Box 3050