Re: tr6 diff mount crack

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: tr6 diff mount crack
From: jhdavis6@juno.com (James H. Davis, Jr.)
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 1997 21:22:20 -0400
Peter,
 Had the same set of circumstances with the additional problem of having
to replace the left front stud. Went by a shop with a portable welding
rig and arranged for them to come to my house and perform the work. The
welders did a professional looking job with the right front mount and cut
a new stud to weld onto the nub of the existing one.
 I couldn't believe it when they asked for $40 and apologetically
explained they had to charge more than usual because I live 10 miles out
of town! One of the best deals I ever made, and wasn't even trying.
If I had it to do over though, I would have had them weld in the
re-enforcing plates from TRF.
Hope you find a swell deal of your own,
Jim Davis
Fortson, GA