Re: TR6 Piston ring gap?

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: TR6 Piston ring gap?
From: jhdavis6@juno.com (James H. Davis, Jr.)
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 1997 20:55:54 -0400
John,
Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I just got through installing
rings this weekend and the Bentley manual's specs. are .012-.017 for the
top compression ring  and .008-.013 for the 2nd ring. Oil control rings
should be .015-.055 and of course the expander ring should butt.
I'm not experienced or knowledgeable enough say you're in trouble, but
I'd be concerned.
Best of luck,
Jim Davis
Fortson, GA