Re: Brake Bleeding Devices

To: "Mr. Michael D. Fatsi" <mdfatsi@erols.com>
Subject: Re: Brake Bleeding Devices
From: Zink <zink@pdq.net>
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 1997 00:01:46 -0500
Cc: Triumph List <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Mr. Michael D. Fatsi wrote:

> I know this issue has been discussed but I am still wondering which
> device is better- Mityvac or Easybleed. I am considering buying one or
> the other, but I am unsure which one works best.
> -MF

Mike,

I just purchased an Easybleed system, and have had and still have the
Mityvac.  I attempted to use the Easybleed the day it arrived. As you
will notice I said attempted.  The damn thing sprayed brake fluid
everywhere.  I lost more out the top of the m/c than I ran through the
brake lines.  The Mityvac will work, until you suck the m/c piston all
the way to the stop. I even bought the Easybleed bleeder valves.

   Today, with the help of my son, I bled the brakes the old fashion way
and saved about $8 on more Silicone brake fluid.

As always, this is JMO.

Larry Zink
1964 Spitfire4
Houston

p.s. Got the diff in and every thing is ready for the road.