RE: Carb fun....

To: "'Chris Lillja'" <Chris_Lillja@Pupress.Princeton.Edu>
Subject: RE: Carb fun....
From: Bob Hutton <bobhutton@vut.EDU.AU>
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 1997 08:50:33 +1000
Cc: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Chokes not holding them open slightly?

----------
From:   Chris Lillja[SMTP:Chris_Lillja@Pupress.Princeton.Edu]
Sent:   Wednesday, October 15, 1997 1:32 AM
To:     triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject:        Carb fun....

My, my, we were busy over the long weekend ---- 360 messages... but
enough of that.....

I spent the 2nd half of the weekend going nuts on a set of freshly
rebuilt HS6's. They're quite beautiful, clean, polished and they
adjust to a beautiful, steady 900 rpm idle....

Once prodded, however, they don't seem to want to return to idle.
Well, they've been on and off the car three times now while I've
tried to center the throttle discs. Off the car they seem to work
perfectly. I've tried three different sets of discs...I tried a
rather strong spring.... I'm not OUT of ideas yet, tonight I'm going
to pull 'em again, triple check the carb body and hold 'em up to a
light source to check the alignment of the disc in the bore....

I'm pretty sure there's no leaks down the line... I can kill the
engine if I pry the throttle plates closed....

Insights? Experineces? Talk to me people.......

"Still ride in triumph over all mischance..." - Shakespeare

Chris Lillja
TR4A
Norton Commando
Spit MKIV