Re: V-8's... another alternative

To: tigerpb@ids.net, DLMAssoc@aol.com
Subject: Re: V-8's... another alternative
From: DANMAS@aol.com
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 1997 12:03:02 -0400 (EDT)
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
In a message dated 97-10-14 07:58:08 EDT, tigerpb@ids.net (Paul Burr) writes:

> The Mustang SVO\Thunderbird SuperCoupe turbo 4 can be a monster combo in
>  and LBC. There's an early Alpine that had this swap done, along with the
>  bullet proof 5 speed and the disk brake rear end.( same bolt pattern as
>  the Alpine, so the Ford wheels were a bolt on swap!)
>  End result was a LBC with a 160mph top end! Yikes!

At the 6-Pack trials a couple of weekends ago, there was a TR6 with just this
set-up! The car will be featured in an upcoming issue of Hot Rod magazine. I
will be looking for it, and will post to the group when it hits the newstand.

The car was supurbly done - first class workmanship and engineering all the
way. Really spun my crank to get home and get cracking on my own conversion
project.

Dan Masters,
Alcoa, TN

'68 MGBGT---organ donor for the '74