Re: 63 spit top

To: Odd Hedberg <odd@triumphclub.se>, "Hall, Scott" <halls@fdhc.state.fl.us>
Subject: Re: 63 spit top
From: stuart l friedman <friedman@leland.Stanford.EDU>
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 1997 15:34:07 -0700
Cc: Triumphs List <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
I was thinking about hardtops as well.  Would it be a problem if one just
used the two bolts on the rear deck and the windshield frame?  I guess you
wouldn't add much stiffness, but I'd think the top would be secure.

Thanks,

stuart

At 10:30 PM +0200 10/13/97, Odd Hedberg wrote:
>Scott,
>I think You can get by with a little ingenuity, and the fitting
>hardware for the earlier Mk1/Mk2 cars. (You'll have to make them
>Yourself since they're since way back NLS...) The hardware for the
>Mk3 will be of little or no use on a Mk2 since the mounting plates
>and drilled/tapped holes are different on the B-posts. The mounting
>holes on the windshield frame and on the rear deck are the same.
>/Odd
>
>Hall, Scott skrev:
>> Odd,
>> So what happens when I try to put the hardtop from a Mk. III I
>> bought onto my Mk. II car?
>> Scott
>
>--
>Odd Hedberg
>Pomonagatan 4
>S-74236 Östhammar    International liaison secretary,
>Sweden               Triumph Club of Sweden
>                    '70 Spitfire Mk3 FD82497LO Signal Red
>            E-mail:  odd@triumphclub.se / odd.hedberg@bigfoot.com
>          Club URL:  http://www2.passagen.se/triumph/
>    Home Telephone:  Int+ 46-1731 7131
>Geographical Position:  N 60deg15min  E 18deg23min

******** note new area code ********
Stuart L Friedman                       email:  friedman@leland.stanford.edu
Center for Materials Research             lab:  650.723.3209
Press Warehouse                        office:  650.723.4768 (cube 119c)
Stanford University                       fax:  650.725.5457
Stanford, CA  94305-4045