TR6: rusty rockers

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: TR6: rusty rockers
From: ingate@shiseis.com (Shane F. Ingate)
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 97 16:14:00 PDT
All,
        It is time for me to deal with a wee but of rust
in "Rags".  I've got tin-worm in the forward passenger rocker.
Looking through the expoded-figure diagrams, the wing and outer
rocker is affected.  The inner rocker seems OK, as is the outer
rocker aft of the A-pillar.
        I'm not keen on replacing the whole wing, as it is really only the
piece that is coated with undercoat.
        Has anyone tackled this job?  How does one remove the
rocker panels so that I can see haw far the dreaded tin-worm has
progressed?  Do I need to support the body if I do this?
How much can I expect to pay a body shop to do this?
        Thanks in advance,
        Shane Ingate in San Diego