I thought the point was...

To: Triumphs List <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: I thought the point was...
From: Joseph Burlein <josephb@buffalos.aftac.gov>
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 1997 09:47:05 -0400 (EDT)
As far as the "complaining" about TRF/MOSS/Rimmers, I think you all are
missing the point here.  I thought the point of this list was to HELP out
your fellow Triumph listers.  If that means informing someone that you
have had problems with getting a company/individual to get your order
correct (aka Rimmers thread a month or so back) or that a company's prices
seem to be a little weird, well damn it, you should speak up.  That
doesn't mean the company is bad, or their prices are bad, it just means
(or should mean) someone has noticed/had a problem and wishes to pass on
their story to HELP the other listers avoid the same!  All this crap that
flies around about not bad mouthing companies or telling someone to get
their act together in emails is just going to turn off new people on the
list.  One of the first things I do when I meet someone who is just
getting into Triumphs is to let them know about VTR and this list.  If I
were new, and trying to use the "wisdom" of people who have done this
longer than I have, I know I would be put out with some of the stuff I've
read here lately.  Buyer beware is very true, but, it would be nice to NOT
have to go through that if I didn't have to...

Joe Burlein
72 TR-6
Melbourne, FL