Re: TRF "Summer Specials"

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: TRF "Summer Specials"
From: Bschwartz@encad.com (Barry Schwartz)
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 1997 06:32:01 -0700
O.K. I'll jump in here too. . . I'll second the stop complaining vote -
Have any of you priced a 'rebuilt' engine, starter or alternator for a
later model car lately?  Alternaters, not the '70 G.M. "universal" but the
newer ones are over $200!!!  Some well over, and thats not including
installation!!  At less than $200, some substantially less for rebuilt
Triumph units, I'd say it's cheaper to maintain these cars than most later
model cars.  And what could be eiaser than replacing one on your Spitfire
or GT6? -  For most of you complaining about what it costs from the 'big
three' (and I'm not talking about automakers here) check out some newer car
repair prices, and if you want a real shock go to the dealer, - I think
you'll appreaciate TRF's and others prices after that!

Barry Schwartz in San Diego,CA

Bschwartz@encad.com
72-V6 Spitfire ( T5, 5 speed's, almost done, maybe 2 more weeks!)
70 GT6+ (daily driver for now)
70 Spitfire (body repair on hold see above)