Re: Removing TR3A body from frame.

To: Angelo Graham <a3graham@mc1adm.uwaterloo.ca>
Subject: Re: Removing TR3A body from frame.
From: George Richardson <gprtech@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 1997 20:59:36 -0400
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Angelo Graham wrote:

> Working towards getting the 3A body off the frame.  I have the doors off
> and have left the rear fenders on.  Everything else has been removed.  Can
> I proceed to lift the body off with the doors off as well?  The rockers and
> floors are quite solid; only have the trans tunnel cover off.  Have visions
> of the body "folding" without the doors to strengthen it.  Should I worry?
>
> Thanks for any advice.
>
> Angelo Graham
> 1959 TR3A
> Waterloo, Ont.

Regardless of how strong the inner sills may be, you risk damaging the
alignment of the body, not to mention some sheet metal, without some
type of bracket where the top of the door would be. You could leave the
doors on, but you risk damage to the doors as well.

Make a couple of stiffeners from 2x4 lumber that you can fasten in the
top of the door opening. It's quick, easy, and a guarantee that nothing
will happen to you precious baby.

George Richardson
'57 TR3, TS15559L
(just getting ready to remove the body for painting)