Re: chrome and 1200 timing

To: derek evans <derekev@academy.net.au>
Subject: Re: chrome and 1200 timing
From: William Davies <w.davies@virgin.net>
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 1997 18:39:26 -0700
Cc: Triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
derek evans wrote:

> hi william,
> the rear bumper on the convetible body shell i have in the shed has a chrome
>fitting bolted to it.

Derek,
        Firstly, thanks for responding to my request. I'm certainly interested
in any pieces of chrome you have, what would you be asking? If there are
any parts (other than Coupe Deck seals!!) you need, I'll try and help.
As regards the seals, I intend to mould some of these by hand (unless
someone makes them in the meantime!), but that will probably be next
year, when the Coupe is nearer completion. There certainly seems to be
plenty of demand for these seals, and I notice that John Kipping has
them listed, but not available. Next time I see him, I'll ask if there
is actually any intention of producing them.

derek evans wrote:

> does any one have the timing specs for a herald 1200 (1147)
> it's one of the eary ones, not a 12/50 or spitfire motor
> i have a static figure but what sould i see at idle and say 2000 rpm

 I have the factory workshop manual, which gives distributor data, i.e.,
the vacuum advance spec and centrifugal advance spec, but no overall
figures. If this is of any use to you, I can sort out the data for you.
I want to make sure this is of use to you before sending it, as it will
take quite a bit of sifting through to find what you want.
Alternatively, I can photocopy the relevant pages and mail them to you.
Let me know...

                Bill.

--
"I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate.
And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd