Wire Wheel Question

To: Triumphs List <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Wire Wheel Question
From: Joseph Burlein <josephb@buffalos.aftac.gov>
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 1997 13:22:46 -0400 (EDT)
To all,

I have a chance to buy an original set of TR-6 wire wheels.  $500 for
five painted wheels, splines, nuts, knock-off nuts, and tools.  Assuming
the wheels are true it SOUNDS like a pretty good deal.  Question is, what
do I have to look forward to if I purchase them?  How often do you need
to tighten the spokes?  Can you do it yourself?  Is it really worth
getting wires or are they just more trouble than they are worth?  How
much more are tires for these than for the solids?  The car is a weekend
driver only and rarely makes long trips.  Thanks in advance.

Joe Burlein
72 TR-6
Melbourne, FL