Re: No it didn't

To: jmwagner@greenheart.com
Subject: Re: No it didn't
From: BFEKENG@aol.com
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 1997 03:18:03 -0400 (EDT)
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
    Bill,You are correct on the origins of the engine & I think the phase 1
Vangard had been produced for a year or so before the deal was struch with
fergusion.I lived in France in the early fiftys & saw a number of british WW2
lorries in a salvage yard near Paris (Pont-A muson I think) they werent
really badged anything but the engines were very similar to the Vangard 2
liter.I have always wondered if the might have been an ancestor of the TR
engine.The most acceptable first use was the standard Vangard

                                               KEN GILLANDERS