Re: Alternator Problems

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Alternator Problems
From: Tom Tweed <ak627@dayton.wright.edu>
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 1997 14:24:57 -0400
Hello Barry, before you buy anything, may I suggest a couple of
checks to make sure you throw your money in the right direction ?

First, if you have another battery handy, preferably a few years
old but still good enough for a commuter car, swap it in and see
if you get the same action.  You said your Alt. output voltage
was within range, that's all I know to check, can't comment on
the AC problem or what it would do to a battery.  I have had
batteries go bad in a similar fashion, although they have been
$25. `rebuilds' from the salvage yard, for what that's worth.

Second, any dedicated auto electric shop should be able to bench-
test your Alt, probably for free, and since they're so easy to
un-bolt and carry in to the shop, you could probably get an
expert opinion on it that way.

Good luck,
Tom Tweed
SW Ohio