Re: Wire to disk wheel switching

To: "Jack I. Brooks" <brooks@belcotech.com>, Triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Wire to disk wheel switching
From: drew@pixar.com
Date: Tue, 3 Jun 1997 09:52:43 -0700 "Wire to disk wheel switching" (Jun 3, 12:41pm)
In preperation for the day when I will own another TR3, I've
been wondering about the same thing. Is it possible to
place a 1/4" thick spacer between the brake drum and the wire
wheel adapter? It's been too long since I've owned a Triumph
to remember is they have a locating boss on the axel but if
they do it wouldn't be too hard to make, or have made, a spacer
with a counter bore on one side and a spud on the other which
would keep the adapter centered with the axel. Is there enough
fender to tire clearance for this to work?

Drew

--
Drew Rogge
drew@pixar.com