Re: Moving a TR from IL to UT

To: Jason Clark <gjclark@uxa.ecn.bgu.edu>
Subject: Re: Moving a TR from IL to UT
From: John Suchak <maxx@cybermax.net>
Date: Wed, 14 May 1997 18:37:46 -0400
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net, tr8@mercury.lcs.mit.edu
Jason Clark wrote:

> Hi all.
>
> I (still) have a TR8 I need to move from my old home in Chicago to my new
> home in Salt Lake City.  I would appreciate any recommendations or horror
> stories regarding commercial auto movers.  Also, if you or someone you
> know has a trailer hitch and is travelling west this spring or summer and
> could give me a hand, I'd love to hear from you.  I'm sure we could come
> to a fair agreement (say a great price on the '80 TR7 30th Anniversary
> Edition DHC that's staying in Chicago <grin> or a few hundred dollars
> compensation)
>
> Thanks in advance for your assistance.
>
> jason
>
> Jason Clark
> 1980 carb'd TR7 30th Anniversary Edition DHC
> 1980 carb'd TR8 DHC

Jason:

I recently shipped a cherry '71 VW convertable (my other automotive
dalliance....) from Long Island down here to Jacksonville FL.  I used a
company in NJ, Larick Towing in Parsippany.  They actually broker space
on auto transporters.  Cost me $600.00 to get on the back of a semi
truck full of snow-birds cars.

I dealt with a guy named "Ren" (Wren??) at Larick, really a good guy,
understood my concerns regarding the immaculate condition of the Bug
and  made sure it was perfect when it arrived.  The driver of the rig
actually busted my chops about the car being cleaner than when it left
Long Island..  Apparently Ren had given him all sorts of noise about
taking special care of my baby...

They're car guys, just like us.  I reccomend them whole heartedly.  If
they don't serve your regoin, I'm sure they'll steer you in the right
direction.

(If you need the number, let me know....)

John