tr-6 running lean

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: tr-6 running lean
From: Steve Sutton <ssutton@ridgecrest.ca.us>
Date: Sun, 11 May 1997 23:08:06 -0700
Conversation-id: <BMSMTP8634167573ssutton@mail.ridgecrest.ca.us>
Posted-date: Sun, 11 May 1997 23:07:20 -0700 (PDT)
I posted a message a few days ago where I described adjustments I have tried to
do to my TR-6 to enriched the front carb.  I talked about making a fuel-bowl
level dip stick and it indicated that my fuel level was somewhere around 3/8"
or so...much to low.  Well I pulled of the float bowl and guess what...it was
full of fuel!  Upon closer examination it appeared that the 3/8" fuel level
indicated on my 'dip-stick' is acutally the distance from the bottom of the jet
to the bottom of the float bowl!

The front carb is still running lean.  The interesting thing is that adjusting
the needle from full rich to full lean makes almost no difference in the
mixture, whereas it does on the rear carb.  I must be overlooking something,
but I don't know what.

Steve Sutton
74 1/2 TR-6 - daily driver!
ssutton@ridgecrest.ca.us