Re: hood and smoke questions

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: hood and smoke questions
From: Bschwartz@encad.com (Barry Schwartz)
Date: Thu, 8 May 1997 12:06:29 -0700
>Warning Will Robinson, warning!  To me, the black smoke indicates burning
>oil, and the grey, water (head gasket).
*******************************
Oooop's I think you ment to say, the black smoke indicates over-rich
condition, the grey or blue smoke indicates oil, and white smoke indicates
water.  Water 'smoke' or more aptly called steam, vanishes fairly rapidly,
while oil smoke hangs aroung longer, plus it has that oil smell.  Unburned
fuel leads to the black sooty smoke that burns your eyes. :-)
Barry Schwartz
Bschwartz@encad.com  (San Diego, CA)
72-V6 Spitfire (daily driver)
70 GT6+ (when I don't drive the Spit)