canister update

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: canister update
From: Paul Nelson <aloder@websgi.icomnet.com>
Date: Fri, 02 May 1997 22:06:05 -0400
Well being the thrifty guy I am, I managed to pry apart my carbon
canister and remove and replace the old carbon. It took a little
patience and caution to get it open without damaging the canister, but a
strong screw driver and scribe will do wonders. Inside I found two metal
screens(top and bottom)and load of messy carbon in the middle. Bought
30 oz of the stuff at the local pet store for $13.00 and put it all back
together(used a tiny line of high temp RTV around the end piece to seal
it), and bingo - I saved a good fifty bucks!
        Thanks to all who helped!
        Paul Nelson 76 Spitfire