Re: K&N on my Spitfire

To: Kris Kane <motrsprt@micron.net>
Subject: Re: K&N on my Spitfire
From: Herb Hargraves <hargrave@somtel.com>
Date: Sat, 26 Apr 1997 19:14:18 -0400
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
At 09:19 AM 4/26/97 -0600, you wrote:
>Herb
>Did you re-jet your carbs?  The K&N will allow more air into the engine
>and most of the time a need to re-jet the carbs is necessary.  What kind
>of carbs are you running?  Stock, Webers, Holley?  Not sure if the
>stockers can be re-jetted, but obviously the Webers and others can.
>This happens to almost ALL carbureted cars that get upgraded to the K&N
>filter.  My 79 Spitfire has the K&N filter with the chrome cap fitted to
>a Weber carb.  If you have the same setup, email me and maybe I can help
>you through it.
>Just my $.02.
>
>Kris

Kris,

I have a stock ZS 150cd Carb. I haven't tried to adjust the air to fuel yet
I haven't bought the tool for it. I know I should but everytime I order
something from one of the suppliers I forget order it. I know the carb is
running a little rich but the car runs good with plenty of pep so I didn't
want to mess up the adjustments untill I really know what I am doing. I
bought the spitfire last summer and have only put a couple of thousand miles
on it. this winter I redid the front suspension and put new Koni shocks all
the way around. Next week it is going into the shop to be reuphostered
completly and have a new canvas top put on. If you think I need to readjust
the carb I will probably try that.
Thanks for the advice.

Herb Hargraves
Canaan ME