Re: K&N on my Spitfire

To: Herb Hargraves <hargrave@somtel.com>
Subject: Re: K&N on my Spitfire
From: Kris Kane <motrsprt@micron.net>
Date: Sat, 26 Apr 1997 09:19:57 -0600
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Herb
Did you re-jet your carbs?  The K&N will allow more air into the engine
and most of the time a need to re-jet the carbs is necessary.  What kind
of carbs are you running?  Stock, Webers, Holley?  Not sure if the
stockers can be re-jetted, but obviously the Webers and others can.
This happens to almost ALL carbureted cars that get upgraded to the K&N
filter.  My 79 Spitfire has the K&N filter with the chrome cap fitted to
a Weber carb.  If you have the same setup, email me and maybe I can help
you through it.
Just my $.02.

Kris