TR's and the White House

To: triumph digest <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: TR's and the White House
From: Jack W Drews <vinttr4@forbin.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 1997 17:30:28 +0000
Newsweek magazine, April 21 issue, article on presidential hopeful
George W. Bush (governor of Texas and son of former president), says of
Governor Bush in his youth, "He roared around in his Triumph, partied
hard in his apartment complex."

Well, now.  Imagine a former Triumph driver in the White House.

I suppose the Democrats could accuse him of being subjected to foreign
influences. And how about previous close relationship with OPEC?

BUT -- the possible upside to our hobby boggles the mind. Just think of
federal subsidies for the oil-dry industry, the additional publicity of
TRF and Moss packages arriving at the White House, and best of all,
exemptions for our favorite marque from the NHTSA, EPA, et al
regulations......

How about some research from you TR listers in Texas -- what model did
he drive?

uncle jack in iowa (so cold it's frozen the squeal out of the tires!)