Re: Color of oil filter canister?

To: vafred@erols.com, jape@email.unc.edu
Subject: Re: Color of oil filter canister?
From: ArthurK101@aol.com
Date: Tue, 1 Apr 1997 00:17:26 -0500 (EST)
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
In a message dated 97-03-31 21:58:34 EST, vafred@erols.com (fred thomas)
writes:

> John Middlesworth wrote:
>  >
>  > Can someone recommend a color of spray paint that duplicates the
original
>  > blue-green color of the TR 4-cyl engine oil filter canisters?
>  >
>  > John Paul Middlesworth
>  > 1966 TR4A
>

>      John, 1955 Ford has a turquoise that is very close to it.

He is right about Ford, but I don't know about the '55 part .  There is a
Ford tractor color (can't remember the name) that it is an almost exact
match.  Mine is still the original color and the winner of the TR4 concours
at Ashville (VTR nationals) had used the Ford tractor color.  We compared the
colors and his was almost the same as the color on my filter canister.  That
might be the same as the '55 turquois.   If it is, please let me know for
future reference.  Cheers

Art Kelly '64 TR4 CT 33118L (original owner)
VTR TR4 vehicle consultant