Re: General: wire wheel refurbishing

To: "M. V. Morelli" <morelli@mickey.jsc.nasa.gov>
Subject: Re: General: wire wheel refurbishing
From: Henry Frye <thefryes@iconn.net>
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 1997 18:14:57 -0500
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Mike,

Do you have a boat? They will make great anchors.

That is my plans for the 15, yes that is fifteen wire wheels I have. It
is very cost prohibitive to do anything with a rusty wire wheel. I
believe it makes sense to work on a wire wheel that has a good spline
and that appears as if some, if not most of the spokes are salvageable.
By the time you paid the labor to completely respoke a wheel, you just
bought a new wheel.  Then you have a worn spline to boot.

Happy fishing!

Henry Frye
Sig file resides on desktop machine, with the power outage that machine
isn't working too well. But the portable is going strong!
10 inches of snow so far, already had to get chainsaw out to clear tree
that fell over the driveway. It is supposed to snow until morning...
:-(