Re: TR6 Tuning

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: TR6 Tuning
From: peb3@cornell.edu (Philip E. Barnes)
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 1997 10:53:02 -0500
... when I reconnect the vacuum retard, idle quality deteriorates.  I have
two questions:

1.  Is there any harm in leaving the vacuum retard permanently disconnected?"

Your idle speed might be a bit high, other than that, no reason can think of.

You should certainly plug the vacuum line, otherwise the vacuum leak will
make your mixture lean and cause your idle speed to "hunt" up and down. If
it were me, I'd use the vac. retard and look for the reason for the poor
idle. I suspect your carbs are not spot-on.

Philip E. Barnes       '71 TR6  CC61193L
Cornell University
Newman Laboratory of Nuclear Studies
Ithaca, NY 14853
607-255-4951