TR6 Tuning

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: TR6 Tuning
From: Brian Day <1briand@mail.airmail.net>
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 1997 09:16:34 -0600
I took yesterday off work to tune my recently acquired '73 TR6.  (This must
be the week for tuning TR6's).  Following the advice on these pages, I
disconnected the vacuum retard and timed the ignition to 10 degrees BTDC.
Feels like a new car.  Problem is, when I reconnect the vacuum retard, idle
quality deteriorates.  I have two questions:

1.  Is there any harm in leaving the vacuum retard permanently disconnected?

2.  I believe I remember seeing a note on how to plug the vacuum hose (right
now mine is dangling around the distributor-fuel pump-oil filter-area, just
looking for trouble).  If anyone has any advice on what to do with my hose
(I can only imagine what kind of responses I'll get to that request), I'd
appreciate it.