Road trips

To: ccfarm@tranquility.net, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Road trips
From: DANMAS@aol.com
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 1997 15:20:49 -0500 (EST)
Wed, 26 Mar 1997, Chad Stretz wrote:

<< What a wonderfully comforting story!  When people (myself included)
<< think about long trips in LBC's they tend to constantly worry about
<< breakdowns.  Your post proves that with proper maintanence a good
<< running Triumph will take you anywhere!

Chad:

FWIW, my TR6 has made 8 trips from Tennesse to Florida, 6 to Daytona Beach
and two to Key West, three trips to Pennsylvania, and one each to Indiana,
Kentucky, and Delaware. My MGBGT has been to Canada, Florida, and St Louis,
MO. I've owned the TR6 for 7 years, and the MG for 5.

In all those trips, I have been let down only three times. I wrote about
these episodes to the group before, so I won't repeat here. All three times,
I was able to make repairs and be on my way. Coming Back from Florida last
week, I got a real kick as I saw a flat bed loading a new Cadillac that had
broken down beside the road. Hey, if it can happen to a new Caddy, why worry
about an LBC? In 1977, I had a brand new Buick, 350 miles on the odometer.
The fan belt pully split in two, leaving me stranded. Next time you're on the
interstate, take note of the cars stranded on the side of the road - it's a
real eye opener.

Like you say, maintain 'em well, and they will take you anywhere.

Enjoy them like they were meant to be - drive 'em!!!!!!!!!!

Dan Masters,
Alcoa, TN