Re: Oil in su dashpot

To: troutster@hotmail.com, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Oil in su dashpot
From: Paulsv@aol.com
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 1997 16:50:22 -0500 (EST)

<<  believe the theroy goes: the thinner oil will allow for better
acceleration.

It seems to me, that thinner oil will allow the piston to rise more quickly,
which means that you won't get as much fuel enrichment on accelleration.
 Whether that means quicker accelleration would depend on the fuel mixture
you are starting with, and the configuration of the metering needle.  Also
the exact float setting, which could enter into it as well.  I have
experimented on my 3, and got better acceleration (especially part throttle
response) when I went from a 20 weight to a 30 weight.  With anything lower
than 20 weight, I got a definite stumble when I started to acccellerate.
Paul