Re: 1970 TR6 PI's<970326043002_74357.2427_HHG41-1@CompuServe.COM>

To: David Stauffacher <74357.2427@CompuServe.COM>
Subject: Re: 1970 TR6 PI's<970326043002_74357.2427_HHG41-1@CompuServe.COM>
From: RICHARD.JACKSON@NENE.AC.UK
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 1997 09:57:17 +0000 (GMT)
Cc: "triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
>To Chris Bullock:  Congratulations on your new PI TR6!!

Out of couriosity, is there THAT much difference between the two UK v US?

>Driving RHD will be challenging at first.  Having spent many years going back
>and forth between the U.S., England and Australia, it only takes me about one
>hour to fully adjust but then it helps considerably that EVERYONE else is
>driving on the left!!

OK, OK who told me to drive on the right the other day, trying to confuse me
eh!!!  wondered why I kept getting strange hand gestures off other road users
:-)

>The only troublesome part for me was looking in the
>rearview mirror.  Instinctively I look up to the right which puts me staring
>out
>into space!!  Dual outside mirrors helped get around that little problem.
>Shifting with your left hand I found to be of no consequence.

I once drove a friend ex-californian Spitfire 1500 which once belonged to an
ex-US serviceman(It was scrapped originally because the seat runner had somehow
cut through the wiring loom!!!!)  This was still LHD and I kept punching the
door when I went for the gears, what a daft place to put the gearlever!!! :-)

>A while back there was as thread about driving in the U.S with RHD.  While it
>makes no sense to convert a LHD to RHD, driving with the latter is not that
>troublesome.  I can only speak from experience.  For several months I putted
>around in a surplus U.S. Postal System jeep with  RHD.  On the California
>streets and freeways, visibility and overtaking
In a Jeep???? :-)  Why is it RHD though?

>The Bosch pump is an excellent choice.  A few TR6 owners in the UK still use
>the
>Lucas pump.  Its easy to identify them as they are the ones stranded along
>side
>the road!!

I know sod all about TR6's although ISTR someone saying that the Lucas pump
needed Lead, what about the Bosch one?

Rich