water pump grease & Herald madness

To: krisc@pi.bnis.net.au, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: water pump grease & Herald madness
From: GuyotLeonF@aol.com
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 1997 15:36:01 -0500 (EST)
Dear Kris,
You can obtain the water pump grease you require from:
Triumph Sports Six Club offers dept.
e-mail <offers@tssc-hq.demon.co.uk> for the attention of John
Muggleton,offers manager.
http://www.tssc-hq.demon.co.uk/offers.html
Good Luck
ps.Kris I agree wholeheartedly with your comments on the strength of the
Herald.
It may not be a very well known fact,but most Heralds in Australia are early
models with the very early chassis,and they really are quite strong enough
for normal use.
(if they can survive some of the Oz roads,they can survive anywhere)
Only 125mph! Well,I got 110mph out of my 1200 with 8-port head and twin choke
webers on Bruntingthorpe's two mile long runway,in Leicestershire,very close
to our friend Richard Jackson! My passenger took a photo of the speedo as I
began to slow down/up at 107mph,you can see my white knuckles! I've also got
a speeding ticket from the M4 motorway,back on 7 April 84,just after first
fitting that tuning gear,at 90mph,the policeman said I had been measured at
93mph,but he'd let me off he odd 3mph! Luckily for my licence I was slowing
down at the time,(8am Sunday morning),on an (almost)deserted motorway. If he
had seen me just a few minutes earlier,when I was doing over 100mph,I'd have
lost my licence for a year,and I don't think the insurance company would have
regarded me very favourably,but that's all a long time ago,when I was young
and foolish,now of course,I'm older!
Then there was that time I was stopped by the police for doing 75mph in a 40
mph zone,(an empty dual-carriageway at midnight,where no-one ever does
40mph),the copper said,and I quote,"lift-up the bonnet sir",and "where
exactly did you say you get that exhaust manifold(headers),from sir?" etc,and
they let me off with a warning! (Nowadays it's all speed cameras and
obedience!)                                               I've been a
passenger in a concours GT6-3 being driven by an ex-racing driver at an
indicated 140mph,eeek! and a passenger in a rather beaten-up Mk.2 Vitesse
Convertible,roof down at an indicated 125mph'ish. Interestingly,both of those
drivers have now moved on to Jaguars! Does anyone else out there have any
more TRUE figures of maximum velocities obtained in their Triumphs?
Regards Leon,(ex-Boy Racer)